List of the best natural oils to combat acne
Acne can be a complicated skin condition to cure and sometimes it persists our entire life if we don’t address the problem adequately. Changes in your daily lifestyle have shown to be effective in minimizing the acne outbreaks. The good thing about your skin is that you can treat the problem in two ways – both from inside and outside. By adopting a proper and healthy diet and also applying a powerful yet gentle topical treatment, you can achieve astounding results.
What is acne?
Acne vulgaris is the medical term for this skin condition. It manifests itself by the presence of blackheads, whiteheads and other various types of generically called pimples. The most common regions in which they appear are face, chest, shoulders, and back. Here are some examples of the most common types of pimples:
- Comedones: it’s a basic acne lesion that appears when the hair follicle gets clogged with sebum or dead skin cells
- Blackheads: when comedones open at the skin surface, they are called blackheads. They are filled with oil, and when exposed to the oxygen in the air they become black.
- Whiteheads: if comedones are closed at the surface, they have oil and skin cells at the center and appear white, hence the name.
- Papules: they are comedones that get inflamed and form small red or pink bumps. Be careful and don’t pick them because they can get worse.
- Pustules: they resemble a whitehead, but they are highly inflamed and have a red ring around them.
- Nodules: they are big, large bumps that are also inflamed and sensitive to touch.
Because the primary cause of these pimples is clogged oil and skin cells, you can use safe over-the-counter acne treatments such as Acnezine. It will clean the debris and free the pores.
What are the most effective oils to treat acne?
The best way to treat your condition is to use effective and natural oils instead of the conventional treatment options that are full of toxic chemicals. Here are some examples:
- Avocado oil : when your pores are clogged due to trapped sebum and dead skin cells, they get infected. Bacteria that naturally lives on your skin and it’s harmless also gets caught in the pores and cause infection and inflammation. The “good” bacteria become harmful because they break down the collagen fibers that make up your skin. Avocado oil stimulates the production of collagen and also hydrates your skin.
- Tea tree oil : it has terrific antimicrobial and antifungal properties that will kill the germs responsible for your acne and calms the inflammation. It reduces the lesions on your skin, and it’s easily tolerated by most of the people. If you want to use it as an acne remedy, you can add 2-3 drops to a clean cotton ball and gently apply it to the area that is affected.
- Lavender oil : it’s one of the most popular and widespread remedies for skin conditions. It heals the irritated skin and reduces the inflammation. Apply 2-3 drops directly on the skin, or you can combine it with hazel, then apply the mixture using a clean cloth.
Don’t hesitate and start treating your acne before it gets worse or even leaves scars on your face.